Saturday, June 20, 2009

Family Camp

I've been at Lewis Family Camp since Thursday. My family has been doing this since before I was born. It been every year except for like two years. Once we had it in my back yard after my Grandma died but we still have it. It reminds me of her. I have only two or three memoirs of it not being at Balsm up Hobble Creek Canyon. Only the last few years have I not slept in the tent with my parents and little siblings. Every year we get the chance to help with a meal. Rachel, Camille, and Me helped Greg and Valerie with their lunch assignment. I cut the lettus while Rachel and camille cut Strawberries for the salad. Ryan and Paul we spose to help us but they conveinetly disappeared on a hike like fifteen minutes before they started making Lunch. (The other two people in the picture are Krysta and Holden. Every year we take a family picture. We are only missing one year since like 1997 or something. My dad usually takes the pictures. This picture is funny one. Everyone knows how to take the picture now. We just sit there while the timer flashes and my dad runs to get to his spot. :D
The Older boys went to find the top of the mountain the is in our campsite. They were gone for four and you could here the adults wondering if they should be worried. After another fourty- five minutes you could here them yell horray as they ran up the road. They had gotten lost, been threw thorny bushes, and acrossed ridges. There legs were covered in scratches and all wet. When they had seen the road the ran straight to it, right through the river. Their shoes sat by the fire all night without drying out. They finally took the laces out and pulled open the tongue before the shoes dried out completly. The shoes were smoking as the dried out.We do so many fun things. We play card games, and horseshoes, chess, hike, play in the river, make and play with boats, build fires, eat food, explore. We know four or five different meadows on the side of the mountain. We know the best parts to hike the easy and hard ways. This year we played volleyball alot more than we usually do. It was we all got nicknames fro Ryan, Jaron, Paul, and Daniel. It is so much fun.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Alyssa. I was so glad to finally get a complete report on Lewis Family Camp. And the family picture looks like at "Outtake" on a movie DVD.

    ReplyDelete