Sunday, January 17, 2016

Institute Class

Tanner and I were able to participate in a fun and lively Newly Wed Seminar last semester as our institute class. Because of our crazy schedule and our different college tracks we decided that for these few semesters we are together in school we would take an evening institute class together. We thoroughly enjoyed the free credit from the seminar but I need a few key courses to graduate and so we determined to take one of the new religion course that were announced last January.

We are still follow the life track we are currently on and taking a course completely designed to learn and discuss The Family: A Proclamation to the World. Because it is an evening class that only meets once a week we learn two lessons in one night which may turn out to be interesting, but I am very excited. We were able to sign up for a class taught by a father of one of the zone leaders that I served with on my mission. I am extremely excited about this because the missionary was a power house with the spirit and those are things I think you learn from your parents. Tanner and I will definitely be blessed by having a spiritual mid point to our crazy weeks.

As Tanner and I did some reading for the class tonight I was struck by just how important the family is and how lucky I am to have the one I do. I watched both on Friday for Megan's wedding and Today for Matthew's baby blessing my family come and support each other. We read a powerful talk by Elder M. Russell Ballard from November of 2005 the ten year anniversary of The Family. I am really excited for the talks and scriptures Tanner and I will read this semester. If anyone would like a copy of the list I would be more than happy to give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment